CSG Parallelism and Performance presents
Date: 5 - 7 December 2022, Format: on site
The annual workshop aiXcelerate is a tuning workshop for HPC users that would like to learn more about how to tune the performance of their applications. Starting with a basic introduction into performance analysis tools, users should gain hands-on experience by applying the learnt concepts on their own codes.
We will start aiXcelerate with a series of talks. We will cover “Performance Modelling” in the morning, and “Performance Analysis” in the afternoon. For more details see the agenda and description below. This first day will take place in a hybrid format, i.e., you can either participate in-person or online. The second and third day of the workshop are pure in-person events (as long as Corona regulations do not prevent such). Here, we will work together with HPC users on their codes and apply tools like Intel Advisor, Extra-P, ARM Performance Snapshot, Score-P or Cube depending on the users’ needs.
- There is no seminar fee.
- Presentations will be given in English. Slides will be available during or after the event.
- Registration is open for everyone for the first day. Registration for the 2nd and 3rd day is by invitation only.
- The workshop is mainly an in-person event, but remote participation is possible during the first day. For those choosing remote participation, detailled participation information (e.g., Zoom link) will be sent shortly before the event.
- Find all the information and registration here!
Part I: Talks about Performance Modelling & Analysis
Date: December 5th, 2022
Venue: IT Center of RWTH Aachen University, Kopernikusstr. 6, 52074 Aachen, seminar rooms 3 + 4 (or online via Zoom)
Find here the information.
During the registration, please specify whether you want to participate in-person or online. We need this information to organize sufficient seating and catering, and send the participation information to the corresponding participants.
Registration closing date: November 27th, 2022
Course level: beginner to intermediate
- HPC users
- HPC developers
Part II: Performance Modelling & Analysis in Action – Investigation of User Codes
Date: December 6th + 7th, 2022
Venue: IT Center of RWTH Aachen University, Kopernikusstr. 6, 52074 Aachen, seminar rooms 3 + 4
Find the information here.
The HPC team of the IT Center (NHR4CES) will work together with HPC users. They will be kindly supported by
- Marcus Ritter, TU Darmstadt (NHR4CES)
- Gustavo Morais, TU Darmstadt (NHR4CES)
- Michael Knobloch, FZ Jülich
- tbn, Intel
Course level: intermediate
Target audience: HPC users. This part focuses on HPC users that use RWTH’s CLAIX HPC cluster for executing their jobs. HPC users working on Darmstadt’s HPC cluster are also welcome.
Have a look here!